Thursday, January 12, 2017

The DEMON is Back!!!

I'M BACK!!!!   Can't keep a great man down is what I always say.


What movie is that line from anyway? The Shining and I know was Independence day when he was flying into one of the ships to destroy it before it hit Area 51.

Well as you know over 30 months ago I was working with the SRT men from Dodge. Really couldn't talk about much at the time but a few ideas are starting to emerge from the work they did for me. I should say they spent a lot of development money that they didn't charge me for on the convertible & coupe built for me. You know I love a ton of horses in an aging platform or that is the first thing that I request more horses if possible that won't bring early wear & tear on the engine.

At the time we had an in depth discussion of the hellcat engine and I brought up the topic of the Duster/Demon that Dodge came out with in 1970-71.  The Demon back then was nothing in comparison to the Hemi powered or 440 engines of it's brothers. I remember church groups did protest the name and basically I viewed it as a second hand citizen. Not sure if the Demon name was used for one or two years on the Dart but I do know there was later a Dart Swinger.

So in that Hellcat conversation with SRT I brought up the Demon name which seemed to me a perfect fit for a hellcat powered car. I know there were wide body and flared wheel openings discussed but nothing concrete until later spy photos showed up. The "unofficial" name of one my SRT specials is HellRaiser- from the horror movie featuring Pinhead. So now that it has been announced I can mention that car now. Two of the cars SRT built are technically the first cars to use the Demon name.

This was released this morning and other clues will be released leading up to the NYC Auto Show.  Look at the reflection in the mans glasses you can see two of the lights channeling air where the original Hellcat Challengers only used one light for air flow. NICE!!!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7-f6pzl2Lw

Last year I did try to get one of my specials for the new Transformers movie. It was approved by the studio-Paramount but Dodge was not sure and failed to sign off on the car. I briefly tried to get the P14 of McLaren into the movie but that idea hit a wall.



It was over two years ago now going on three when SRT first contacted me.  Below are my notes.

http://lifeasstormbringer.blogspot.com/2014/08/conversetions-with-srt.html

There's over 50 posts but I unpublished them and put them back into edit mode. or at least I think i did.

OK guys back to my screenplay writing see you in a few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment